St. Martin’s Church
- Planning time: 2013
In 2010 planquadrat was commissioned with planning a new Anglican church in the Emirate of Sharjah. The two-storey church building has a large glass wedge on the main façade that divides the huge outside wall into two parts. The aim is to remind us of the dividing of the cloak of the holy St. Martin. Through the glass wedge both church service rooms on the ground floor as well as on the 1st floor are lit. moreover a horizontally placed lamella system on the outside has been attached as sun protection, showing an opening in the shape of a large cross.
The main room for church services is located on the 1st floor with a capacity to hold around 350 visitors. Six stained glass windows from the demolished church Herz Jesu (1912) in Friedrichsdorf have been used again by planquadrat in the Anglican church building in Sharjah.